- Traumatic Brain Injury Reading List for Speech and Language Therapists
- Systematic review of the rehabilitation of moderate to severe acquired brain injuries
Brain Injury Vol. 21 number 2 Feb 2007
- Carroll LJ, Cassidy JD, Peloso PM et al. Prognosis for mild traumatic brain injury: results of the WHO collaborating centre task force on mild traumatic brain injury.
Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine 2004; Suppl. 43: 84-105.
- WCB Evidence Based Practice Group - British Columbia. Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. Review of literature and British Columbia data. Dr CW Martin (2003)
- Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation. Evidence-based review of moderate to severe acquired brain injury.
2nd edition (2006)
- Ponsford J et al. Use of the Westmead PTA scale to monitor recovery after mild head injury.
Brain Injury 2004; 18: 603-614
- Hodkinson HM. "Evaluation of a mental test score for assessment of mental impairment in the elderly."
Age and Ageing 1972;1:233-8.
- Qureshi KN, Hodkinson HM "Evaluation of a ten-question mental test in the institutional elderly"
Age and Ageing 1974;3:152-7.
- Rice-Oxley M, Turner-Stokes L. Effectiveness of brain injury rehabilitation.
Clinical Rehabilitation 1999; 13 (suppl 1): 7-24
- Turner-Stokes L, Nair A, Wade D, Disler P. Multi-disciplinary Rehabilitation for Acquired Brain Injury in Adults of Working Age.
Oxford: Cochrane Library; 2003: issue 3.
- Nyein K, Thu A , Turner-Stokes L Complex specialised rehabilitation following severe brain injury: a UK perspective.
Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation 2007; 22: 239-247
- Fleminger S, Geenwood RJ, Oliver DL. Pharmacological management of agitation and aggression in people with acquired brain injury.
Oxford: Cochrane Library
- Royal College of Surgeons: Royal College of Surgeons: Report of the working party into the management of head injuries (1999)
- Andrews K, Murphy L, Munday R, Littlewood C. Misdiagnosis of the vegetative state: retrospective study in a rehabilitation unit. Br Med J 1996, 313: 13-16.
- The permanent vegetative state. Journal of the Royal College of Physicians of London 1996, 30: 119-121.
- Junque C, Bruna 0, Mataro M. 'Information needs of the traumatic brain injury patient's family members regarding the consequences of the injury and associated perception of physical, cognitive, emotional and quality of life changes'
Brain Injury1997 ;11 (4): pages 251-8
- Morris KC. Psychological distress in carers of head injured individuals: the provision of written information.
Brain Injury, 2001 ;15(3): 239-254
- Headway ? DoH Section 64-funded project. NSF Implementation: Delivering Quality Information. Report covering the period May 2006 ? March 2007.
- Sinnakaruppan I, Williams DM.Family carers and the adult head injured: a critical review of carers' needs
Brain Injury, 2001; 15(8); 653-672
- McPherson KM, McNaughton H, Pentland B. Information needs of families when one member has a severe brain injury.
International Journal of Rehabilitation Research 2000 ;23(4): 295-301
- Bond AE et al Needs of family members of patients with severe traumatic brain injury.
Critical Care Nurse 2003 ;23(4):63-72